Sell Your Car
Cardiff City Used Cars are a member of Trade My Motor - the UK's fairest car buying group. This means you can now sell your car to us for cash same-day wherever you live in Cardiff and South Wales.
If you'd like to sell your car today, the process is simple! Simply click the logo to the right and enter your vehicle registration number into the Trade My Motor Cardiff page for your FREE car valuation.
You'll be asked for some information about the car's condition, service history and things like tax and previous owners. The more accurately you answer, the more accurate your offer will be.
Next, you'll be offered a selection of dates and times where you can book an appointment with a member of our team to complete a physical inspection. If your vehicle checks out and you're happy with the offer we can move onto the final step - the good bit: payment.
We will transfer the cash for your car straight into your bank account with same-day payment.
What do I need to take to my appointment?
What you'll need to bring is:
- Your vehicle V5 registration document (logbook)
- Driving Licence
- Service history information
- Proof of address, whether it's a utility bill or mobile phone bill from the last 3 months
- Debit card, cheque book or bank statement for the account you wish the cash to be paid into
- The car owner's manual
In some cases:
- A valid MOT certificate may be needed
- A letter from your vehicle's finance company detailing the current settlement figure (if you have any outstanding finance on the car)
Is there anything else I need to bring with my car?
Before your vehicle is bought, way may need you to bring the following items for your car too:
- Spare keys: our car valuations are based on the assumption that you have two keys, unless otherwise stated in the vehicle booking process.
- The locking wheel nut for alloy wheels, where these might be fitted
- If replacement keys are needed, the security code for new ones
- Detachable fascia and security codes for the radio
- Any discs needed to install or update the sat nav system